Looking for that special Sunday or holiday breakfast treat? Look no further. This is a sweet, easy, doctored up cinnamon roll dish that I first discovered from my lovely cousin who discovered it from the famous, Paula Dean. I make it on Christmas morning for our family and more than often for J.O and I just because it’s that good. I just changed it up a bit to fit our preferences. You can easily double this recipe to make for a larger family or group. I will warn you…it is amazing, you will want more and it is not on a typical “healthy diet” plan…but everyone needs a cheat day
You will need:
- 1 can of pre-made refrigerated cinnamon rolls that include the icing.
- 2-3 tablespoons of cinnamon sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream cheese cut into dice sized pieces (one for each roll)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice (walnuts, pecans or cashews)
- -Spray a round cake pan (or bunt cake if doubling the recipe) with cooking spray.
- -In a Saucepan melt the butter and brown sugar over low heat, stir well and set aside
- -Separate the biscuits and place one cube of cream cheese in the center of each. Then using your fingers pinch the biscuits so they close around the cream cheese.
- -Spread the chopped nuts in the pan. Then lay arrange the biscuits so that they are evenly distributed in the pan. *Sprinkle your cinnamon sugar on top and coat with your butter/brown sugar mixture. If you are doubling the recipe you will layer the sequence.
- -Bake at 375 for 17-20 min. *If doubling bake for 30-35 min
- -Invert the pan onto a plate and knock out buns. Drizzle with the pre packaged icing.