Cake or Pie? We are pie people over here and if there is one pie I’m a sucker for at anytime of the year, it’s key lime. Refreshing and SUPER easy to make.
You will need:
- 1 graham cracker pie crust. If you want to make your own, go for it.
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 cup of FRESH lime juice..NOT KEY LIME (roughly 4-5 large limes)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350
- in a large bowl, beat together condensed milk, sugar, lime juice, egg yolks and salt until smooth.
- Pour mix into pie crust
- Bake for 20-25 min. The edges will be more firm but over all the pie will have the consistency of Jell-o when done
- Cool on a wire rack for 20 min.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
I like my pie with whipped cream. The slice shown is from our anniversary pie where I had tried piping slightly frozen whipped cream on top to say “Happy Anniversary” but then it melted.