One of our favorite places to go when we’re living in the Bay area is the Hog Island Oyster Farm up on the Tolames Bay. This place is awesome! You can bring your own drink and other picnic items, buy their fresh out of the water oysters or clams and have a nice picnic on their grounds. They supply you with grills, tables, shuckers, lemons and even sell wine, beer and cheese if you like. Even the long dog is welcome!
Last time we left we loaded up on not only oysters, but clams too. My amazing husband decided to make us a pasta dinner that following night with the clams, and what he made was fantastic. Now that’s some good RV cookin’! Here is the recipe!
You will need:
- 1 lb of fettuccine noodles
- 2 lbs of clams
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups brussel sprouts chopped
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2cup chite wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil with a pinch of salt for the pasta.
- Add pasta to water and cook as package directs.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan.
- Add in onions and garlic and saute about 3 min, until the onions soften a bit and garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add in brussel sprouts and cover, cooking an addition 1-2 min.
- Add in wine and clams.
- Cover and simmer for 6-8 minuets, or until most of the clams have opens.
- Add in parsley and butter to thicken the sauce.
- Strain noodles, but do not rinse with water.
- Combine pasta with clams, brussel sprouts and sauce and enjoy!
- Garnish with parmesan cheese