Where to Rest Your Head
- Although we would often go to Omaha when we lived in Council Bluffs, we only ever had to camp in Kearney, NE. There we stayed at Fort Kearney. This campground had a nice swimming beach and various trails leading to nice look out bridges. The one fall back was that they did not offer any full hook up sites, but they did have a dumping station. They also had many restrooms equipped with showers (bring quarters).
Places to Go, Things to Do
- We love Omaha. Their Old Market area is very charming. With many wonderful restaurants and fun bars, we spent many weekends there. Froggy’s is the oldest bar there and fun to see. They have a fantastic farmer’s market May-October in the heart of the old market on Saturdays. You can also take a horse drawn carriage ride around the market. For kids young and old there is park with huge slides! Bring a piece of wax paper to go extra fast.
- Durning football season, go watch a game at a bar downtown. This state LOVES their college football! It’s pretty wild to be downtown after a win! I recommend wearing RED!
- They also have a fabulous zoo. The Henry Doorly Zoo is where we would go to get up close and personal with the animals.
- Check out the Anchor Inn on the river. They have fun bands and make a drink called the watermelon that will latterly knock you off your feet!